Following up on my last post Are You Valued As A Manager?, here are some questions to get you started in assessing whether you are valued as a manager.
In Your Organization:
• Are you respected by upper management?
• Does upper management support you when you are dealing with issues with your team?
• Do you have the resources you need to do your work? Or, if not, are the reasons clear and you are supported accordingly?
• Are your role and performance measures clearly defined?
• Do you receive positive feedback for your work (recognition and financial reward)?
• Do you feel positively challenged or constricted in your work?
• Do you see your job as a good fit with your skills and talents?
• Are you proud of your work and accomplishments?
• Are your best traits recognized by upper management?
• Are you doing what you love?