The only place where you are fully alive is in the present moment. Amazing sometimes how much of our time is spent in the past or future. How much time you spend in the present moment is a good measure of your effectiveness as a leader.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
• How often am I fully focused on the task at hand?
• When I am in conversation, am I fully attentive to the person (people) I am speaking with?
• To what extent am I aware of what is happening in my immediate environment?
• When stress shows up, do I bring myself to the reality of the present before deciding how to deal with it?
• Am I aware of the physical. mental and emotional aspects of my experiences ?
“The point of power is always in the present moment.” – Louise Hay