It became clear to me a while ago that the term Time Management is an oxymoron. You cannot manage time; you can only manage your relationship to it.
How is your current relationship with time? Is it a stressful or peaceful one? Do you even consider yourself in a relationship with time? Time is an entity and has a significant role in your life. If you ignore time, it can control you in a harmful way. It is worth paying attention to.
Here are some things to look at regarding your relationship with time:
• For how much of your day are you fully present in the moment?
• Does your “To Do” list create stress for you?
• Do you usually have realistic expectations about the time it will take to get a task done?
• Does multi-tasking work for you?
• How closely related is time to the stress you experience in your life?
Use these questions to think over your relationship with time. What would characterize a good relationship with time for you?
photo: nirots, FreeDigitalPhotos.net