Balance is essential to performance. Periodically checking your level of balance allows you to assess how well you are functioning. Here are some elements of a balance check:
• Are you tired? Have you been getting enough sleep?
• How is your stress level?
• Are your work hours manageable?
• Is your workload under control?
• How are you feeling physically?
• Are your emotions in a good place?
• Have you had fun in the last week?
Leonardo da Vinci said: “Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.”
Try doing a balance check once a month to keep a handle on your performance. The chances of overwhelm or low functioning will diminish and balance will be easier to maintain.
photo: Ermanno Vanino, www.ermannovanino.com