Persistence is hardest during challenging times. Challenges can come in many forms: uncertainty about the future, obstacles to your goals, setbacks, personal challenges that affect other aspects of your life or a lack of clarity regarding what to do next. Persistence is often the only way through.
Here are a few suggestions to help you garner the strength you need to persist in challenging times.
• Identify the nature of the challenges you face and carry this awareness in the decisions you make.
• “Up” your self-nurturing”. In challenging times, you need more self-care and joy.
• Remind yourself of why you want to go forward and face any challenges that arise,
• Believe in yourself and find allies who support you.
• Know that this too will pass and you will be better off having persisted.
Life is up and down and then up and down again. The only steadiness in life is found in realizing change is constant and developing what you need to persist through challenges that arise.
photo: Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net