1. See yourself as having prime accountability for how well you manage.
2. Identify and stay close to your values in all that you do.
3. Be realistic about time – don’t over or underestimate the time you have to do something.
4. Keep open lines of communication – stay approachable.
5. Create a practice that is effective in bringing you back to center, when stress gets the better of you.
6. Never give your power to anyone. You are the CEO of your career and you always have options.
7. Identify one thing each month that you will try out to improve how you manage.
8. Employ good listening skills.
9. Seek happiness and fulfillment in your work. You don’t have to settle for less.
10. Be aware of what is going on around you and understand the environment you are working in.
photo: Stuart Miles, freedigitalphotos.net