2. Observe yourself and identify some signs that indicate your mind is going too fast.
3. When you recognize that your mind is going too fast, STOP and assess what is happening.
4. Explore ways to calm your mind and try them out, one at a time, until you find the ones that work for you. (Examples: practicing mindfulness, meditation, breathing, changing your environment, creating or finding humor or something to smile about).
5. Allow your thoughts to pass through your mind and not stay there.
6. Cultivate your ability to live fully in the present moment. It will help you stay out of regret (the past) and anxiety (the future).
7. Find something to do to distract yourself when your mind is in overdrive. (Examples: journaling, listening to music, reading something enjoyable, seeking out fun)
8. Find something else to focus your mind on when you are over thinking something.
9. Get comfortable with silence. (Try creating 5 minutes of silence at the beginning or end of the day and gradually increase to 20 minutes.)
10. Pursue balance between your mind and emotions.
photo: geralt, pixabay.com