• The reasons appreciation matters or does not matter to you.
• How you want appreciation expressed – possibly in words, action, money.
• What you want to be appreciated for.
• Whether you feel you deserve appreciation.
• How your organization’s culture shows appreciation.
Your emotions and mindset can play a part in this, either positively or negatively. Getting clear on how you want appreciation expressed and what’s possible in your organization can go a long way in avoiding the quicksand of feeling unappreciated. Find a way to reach clarity on both what you want and if your organization is willing to or can give that to you.
photo: Tumisu, pixabay.com