Sometimes, staying right where you are is the best thing to do. Life and work can keep you moving, extending your reach and setting new goals – endlessly. However, there are times when staying in motion can create problems and, actually, keep you from where you want to go.
Here are some times when staying in place may be to your advantage:
- Your energy is low and you are not functioning at high capacity. You need a rest.
- There are obstacles in the way of getting where you want to be and you are not clear how to overcome them.
- You have other priorities that take precedence.
- You need a strategy to get there successfully and do not have one.
- There are benefits to derive from staying where you are.
Always “going” is not a balanced circumstance. Staying in place, when the time is right, can help get you where you want to be.
photo: DrCartoon, pixabay.com