At various times in life, you can find yourself starting over. It may be of your own choosing, accompanied by excitement for the change or it may be not of your choosing, accompanied by some fear or unease. Whatever the situation, starting over is starting over and it is best to make the most of it.
Here are a few ways to approach a situation where you are starting over:
• Identify both the promise and the peril of your situation in a realistic manner so that your perspective is grounded and factual.
• Decide what you need to begin – Support? New skills? A certain attitude? Allies?
• Have a plan.
• Keep your mind open and observe the realities of your new situation.
• Accept that there is an element of the unknown in starting over.
• Do your best and strive for excellence in whatever you do.
“What’s so fascinating and frustrating and great about life is that you’re constantly starting over, all the time, and I love that.” – Billy Crystal
photo: TimGouw, stocksnap.io