1. Try 15 minutes of silence at the beginning or end of day. Work up to it, if 15 minutes is a lot for you right now.
2. Find ways to recognize when you are overthinking.
3. When you are overthinking, stop and get yourself fully into the present moment.
4. Try writing things down instead of keeping them in your head.
5. Try an app such as Calm
6. Before you go to sleep just “be”. Do not read or otherwise tax your mind.
7. Observe if there is a pattern in your overthinking, such as in specific situations, at certain times or for certain subjects.
8. Put some focus on balance. Are you countering stress with exercise and relaxation?
9. Determine if reluctance to make decisions is contributing to your overthinking.
10. Do not allow your mind to be king or queen. Acknowledge that the physical, emotional and ethereal aspects of your life are equally important.
photo: Macdongtran, pixabay.com