Vacations and times spent away from work are always helpful to refresh your perspective on things. You don’t have to wait for them, however. There are other ways to change your perspective by getting away. Here are some of them:
• Spend a day out in the “field” (whatever that may be for your work) observing and interacting
• Solicit feedback and opinions from people around you, as well as from people you are not as closely involved with
• Find a completely new way to look at a situation and see if it fits
• Give some open contemplation time to difficult issues and see what your intuition tells you
• Physically get away from your normal work environment for short periods of time
Refreshing your perspective feeds clear thinking, creativity and momentum. Doing it often serves you.