Boredom may seem harmless, but beware – it can derail you. Boredom gets you restless, with no place to go. Your mind and emotions can wander to unproductive places. It can keep you out of the present moment and throw you back to the past or into an ill-defined future.
How can you avoid boredom and keep yourself energized? Here are some suggestions:
• Structure your day. Schedule tasks throughout the day that stimulate you in blocks of time, so boredom can’t set in.
• Investigate the cause of your boredom. Do you have enough to do? Are present conditions because of the virus limiting you in ways you were not limited before?
• Find one new thing to do each week. Stay with the things that resonate with you.
• Have a plan to get yourself out of boredom if it sets in (e.g. take a walk)
• Keep your life and work balanced so your center is not hard to find.
photo: Nel Botha, pixabay.com