Big change can sometimes leave you feeling uncertain and unsettled. Your once familiar environment is looking different these days. New things are being asked of you, in order to keep your life and work going. Here are some tips on how to deal with feeling disoriented:
• Spend some time looking around and identify the major changes that have occurred.
• Check in on your emotional and mental states. What is going on there?
• Identify what you can do now to feel more comfortable with the changes that have occurred.
• Eventually, find acceptance of the world you are living in now. (You have no choice)
• Start to identify ways you can protect yourself and also thrive in your new environment.
Trying to turn back is futile. Moving forward helps you adjust to and accept the changes that have occurred.
photo: PixelAnarchy, pixabay.com
I was speaking with someone today who was in the midst of a major refocusing in his life. There was no tragedy or destruction, just major change that warranted rethinking of his life and work.
Change can come and, like a whirlwind, shake things up. Journeys are interesting and unpredictable. Change comes when it is meant to come and does not await an invitation.
If a whirlwind enters your life or work, acclimate to it and find your new center. Once you do, look around. Your life and work may be better than ever!
photo: PublicDomainPictures, pixabay.com
In one moment your situation, environment or circumstance can change dramatically. When that occurs, what can you do? First, right yourself and encounter what has happened. Look around and assess. Then, check yourself out – how are you experiencing this sudden shift? Get present and figure out what you want to do.
Your perception of sudden shifts can go from good to bad and back again. Try your best to accept what has happened and evaluate from there. When you find yourself in a new world, take the shift as part of life and growth and you will be fine. Sudden shifts can bring treasures, challenges and advancement.
photo: Jeremy Bishop, unsplash.com