In my last blog post, I wrote about the power of curiosity. Here are ten ways to get your curiosity in motion.
1. Make an intention to develop a new skill in the next six months.
2. Do something you have never done before.
3. Do something backwards.
4. Go into nature and find five things you have never seen before.
5. Prepare to do something that you have resisted doing in the past.
6. Study an animal – its characteristics and way of being in the world.
7. Develop the least used of your five senses.
8. Read a book about something unknown to you.
9. Create a “stretch” goal that brings you further than you have ever thought of going.
10. Spend an hour on youtube exploring a subject of interest to you.
Fast Company Magazine has come out with their favorite business and leadership books of 2017. Reading books increases your knowledge and insight and lets you touch parts of the world beyond your own. Are books an element of your career plan?
Not everyone resonates with reading or opening up to others’ ideas. No problem there. The key is to figure out how to broaden your knowledge and insight in ways that can advance your career. So, what is it for you? Books, networks, experience, taking risks? Whatever it is, stay up on the game. Things change rapidly and keeping pace is essential to your success.
photo: Reinhardi, pixabay.com
Upping your game keeps you challenged and growing. Staying where you are is comfortable and does not ask a lot of you. What appeals more to you at this point in your career?
Sometimes, due to the stress and demands of work, you may want to stay where you are because you cannot see yourself adding on one more thing. That’s understandable, but if you stay still you will be missing out on the benefits of upping your game. Upping your game can increase your energy, keep you growing and advance your career.
You may have to make room for what it will take to up your game and grow. To make room, you can let go of things that no longer serve you and get yourself in shape for what you have to do.
If you were to up your game this year, what would you focus on?
photo: Ca_Di, pixabay.com
It benefits you to discover and nurture your unique talents and skills – your gifts. They are your fastest way to career fulfillment and success. Your gifts set you apart and give you an advantage that others do not have.
When you use them, you stand out from the crowd. Of course, in order to use your gifts they must be valued and needed in your work or organization. Do you know what your unique talents and skills are? Are you using and developing them?
Get to know your gifts – they are your ticket to meaningful and satisfying work.