Search on Google for the definition of art and you see:
1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,…: “the art of the Renaissance”
2. Works produced by such skill and imagination
Where is the art in your work? You do not want to lose it. The industrial age put art in the back seat, thereby losing the aesthetics of work. If you want to reclaim the art in your work, you can. Start with creative skill and imagination. Find small or large ways to bring them into your workday.
Here are some ways to start:
* Put something of beauty into your workspace
* Identify 3 ways to inspire yourself as you work – employ them
* Foster your imagination – get out of the “box” and create open space each week for yourself
* Find the aspects or elements of your work that can be described as art
* Do one thing differently (in a new way) each day
* Encourage your team to apply their imagination and creative skill in their work
Beauty and art are essentials of life. They have a place in your work. Allowing them in will open possibilities and make your work more fulfilling.