These times present deep opportunities for change. Essential to change is making room for it. One way to make room is to let go of things that no longer serve you. This can be a challenging task if you are deeply involved in something. In that case, disentangling yourself takes time and skill.
Is there anything you would like to disentangle yourself from now? Here are some tips on how to do it:
• Identify all the elements in the situation that you must disentangle from.
• Which ones will be the most difficult? Why? Are there emotional entanglements? Are there aspects that you are economically dependent on? Is it hard for you to accept leaving things behind?
• Then, muster up your courage and emotional intelligence and come up with a plan for how you can let them go.
• Take it step by step. Commit to disentangling and persist.
• Vision how your life and work will be once you disentangle. Let this vision motivate you.
Disentangling frees you to create life and work that fulfills you. Give it a try. You can do it!
photo: Veronika8118, pixabay.com
What did you tolerate in 2017 that you can do without in 2018? Tolerations are a key concept in the coaching profession. They may not stand out or get your attention readily, but you can be sure they are slowly draining your energy. A toleration may be something as simple as a messy office or something more complex, such as a promotion that never comes.
Start by identifying anything you tolerated in 2017 and make a commitment to eliminate it. Tolerations, once identified, are not difficult to eliminate. Set your intention and enjoy the freedom you gain in 2018 from letting tolerations go!
For more on tolerations, see my blog posts, Manager Tolerations and Ten Manager Tolerations You Can Do Without.
photo: stevepb, pixabay.com
1. Commit to being happy in your life and work
2. Think back on your life and name 3 things you once loved to do
3. Explore and try new things
4. Talk to others, who you think are doing fun things, about their passions
5. Talk to others who are living and working in a way you would like to be
6. After these talks, use what you learned from them and take some action
7. Take one day, or part of a day, a month to enjoy yourself – see if what you do gives you any clues to your passion
8. Learn about The Hero’s Journey and see your own life as one
9. Get out of situations and relationships that are negative for you
10. Believe that finding your passion is possible
photo: dimitrisvetsikas1969, pixabay.com
There are all kinds of transitions: ones you make happen, ones that happen to you, ones that surprise you, positive ones and negative ones. What kind of transition will 2016 be for you? Have you taken charge of your transition? What do you want it to be?
Make 2016 your best transition ever; one that moves you closer to your dreams, lets go of things that no longer serve you and creates experiences that bring you joy.
photo: Antranias, pixabay.com
Is there something you really need to move on? Here’s a push – get it done. Start today, make a plan and get in motion.
Action is the foundational key to all success.
– Pablo Picasso
photo: Branchecarica, Dreamstime.com
There is an ebb and flow to balance, like the tides of the ocean. How then, do you achieve balance within this movement? You cannot do it with schedules and boundaries alone. Balance is aided by a sense of flow; a realization that hour – to – hour things change and within that change, you must maintain your overall commitment to balance.
An example may be that you have a project that will require an all-out effort for the next three days. You commit to doing what it takes to get the project done, but before you start, you address the effect doing so will have on your balance. You look at the elements you balance in your life, say family, physical exercise or relaxation, and you make a commitment to give time to them right after the project is completed. It’s a re-balancing, after losing balance a bit in order to get the project done.
By acknowledging the ebb and flow of balance, you can attain a level of balance in your life that really works.