Awareness of what you love is a great guide for your work and life. It is a built-in compass for where you should go if you want to be fulfilled and happy. So much of life discourages your dreams. You may even hear from others that you are not meant to be happy. What???!!! Yes, you are meant to be happy. That is part of the journey of life – to find the bliss that leads you to your purpose.
What makes you happy and lights you up? Give it some importance in your life. It can make the difference between a life well lived and a commonplace life without meaning.
photo: Skitterphoto, pixabay.com
It is good every once in a while to bring your attention back to what really matters. In coaching, one of the first things established is what a person’s values are. Values – the essence of what makes you fulfilled and happy – are the foundation of coaching. By staying close to your values, your actions and choices reflect what is most important to you.
Values can get lost in the pressures and influences of everyday life. Your values need to stay front and center for you to be fulfilled and happy. Do you know what your values are? Do they reflect you or what others tell you? Are you honoring your values? Take some time to remind yourself what really matters to you and course-correct if you have to. Your values will always steer you in the right direction.
Downtime restores you. It is essential to balance. Get enough downtime and you’ll be happier, healthier and more productive. Ignore your need for it at your peril.
Do you consciously create downtime for yourself? How about scheduling four periods of downtime in December?
photo: MabelAmber, pixabay.com
1. Commit to being happy in your life and work
2. Think back on your life and name 3 things you once loved to do
3. Explore and try new things
4. Talk to others, who you think are doing fun things, about their passions
5. Talk to others who are living and working in a way you would like to be
6. After these talks, use what you learned from them and take some action
7. Take one day, or part of a day, a month to enjoy yourself – see if what you do gives you any clues to your passion
8. Learn about The Hero’s Journey and see your own life as one
9. Get out of situations and relationships that are negative for you
10. Believe that finding your passion is possible
photo: dimitrisvetsikas1969, pixabay.com
What can you shift in your work that will give you a huge boost in your fulfillment and happiness? I hope that you are already working on making that shift. If you are not, go ahead and get started now. Here are some ways to get moving:
• Identify the shift you want to make.
• List the benefits you will gain by making the shift.
• Identify the practicalities of making the shift. What do you need in order to do it? What obstacles are in your way? What people and what support do you need to make it a reality?
• Set a plan to make the shift happen, including how you will do it, steps you will take, and deadlines.
• Create a “support plan” – how you will maintain your energy and commitment while you are making the shift happen.
It is within your capacity to change your life. Are you ready to shift?
photo: MikeBirdy, pixabay.com
A positive mindset is a big factor in success. Are you ready to hit the ground running in 2016? Take the remaining days of 2015 to create a positive mindset for 2016. Visualize, with no limits, what you want your new year to be. Create some practices that will assure that you keep your positive mindset throughout the year. Make a few new year resolutions and check in each month to assess how you are doing with them.
Keep your focus on happiness and accomplishment and you can’t lose. Wishing you a 2016 that exceeds all your expectations!
photo: Alex Wong, stocksnap.io
It’s soon the start of 2016. As you look back on your career in 2015, is anything missing? Perhaps there was a disappointment, a miss, a conflict, a failure or other event that created a gap that you’d like to fill. Or, perhaps this year you came closer to knowing what you really want and don’t want in your career and found something that is missing.
As the year winds down, take a bit of time to answer the question, “What’s missing from my work life?”. The start of the new year can be a great time to set your intent to make your career what you want it to be.
Photo: Walkerud97, pixabay.com
Give My Ebook, Chrysalis, for the Holidays!
Free: Four Gift Cards to Choose From. Click Here.
Would you say that you are happy? Is happiness something that you value? There is so much in life that crowds out happiness – responsibilities, stress, disappointments, conflict, not having time, compromises. Happiness has to be a priority in order to exist in your life. It is so easy to neglect your desire for happiness, as other parts of your life scream louder. How can you make happiness a priority in your life and work? What brings you happiness? It is well worth your attention. Get yourself some happiness today.
Fulfillment: satisfaction or happiness as a result of fully developing one’s abilities or character.
Do you connect being happy with fully developing your abilities and character? Or do you associate happiness with things external to you? If you do look outside yourself, you may feel that finding happiness is beyond your control. It is not. Finding happiness is all about you.
The above definition of fulfillment says a lot about the true nature of happiness. It is an individual and inside job. How much attention do you put to developing your abilities and character versus what you or others think you should do? By focusing within, fulfillment can be much closer than you think.
As you develop your abilities and character, you are using resources well within your reach. You can develop your talents and become more valuable in the work you are best at. Another take on developing your character is that you are being true to yourself. When you are, your fulfillment will increase.
Here’s hoping that your answer to the question “Are you fulfilled?” is “yes” or soon will be!
photo: Stuart Miles, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Many times, you can find yourself living your life according to the dictates of others, yielding to unwanted circumstances or defaulting on your dreams. Here are some ways to start reclaiming your life for you.
1. Know your values and honor them.
2. Affirm that you can be happy in your life.
3. Surround yourself with people who treasure you.
4. Create positive experiences that boost your spirits.
5. Examine any negativity in your life and what its source is.
6. Create continuous improvement in your life.
7. Set some targets for attaining new heights.
8. Extend yourself beyond your comfort zone.
9. Practice kindness to yourself and others.
10. Create a clear picture of what it means to live your life, your way.
photo: Michael Elliott, FreeDigitalPhotos.net