There are times when you are stretched. You may be taking on a new project, facing a challenge or reaching for the next level in your career. To get where you want to be, you may have to build yourself up.
Do you know what builds you up? Perhaps it is knowledge, support from others, staying in balance or having courage. The next time a challenge presents itself, know what builds you up, employ it and you will soar!
photo: Efraimstochter, pixabay.com
Wouldn’t it be great if your workplace were composed of kindred spirits? Sometimes you get lucky and your co-workers are compatible with your values and ways of working. Other times, kindred spirits are few and far between. When that is the case, the stage is set for dysfunction, judgment, conflict and dissatisfaction. It doesn’t have to be that way. Difference, variety and opposition can all make for a creative and high-performing organization. The key is to create an environment where each person can communicate and thrive.
What are the elements of such a workplace? Here are some. I’m sure you can identify others. Just think of what you need to communicate and thrive.
• Demonstrated respect for each person and their views
• Established methods for effective communication when there are disagreements or differences of opinion
• Acceptance and valuing of diversity
• Enough space for each person to contribute their best work
• Understanding that people need different environments, acknowledgement and resources to thrive
So, if you are leading or part of a team that is not composed of kindred spirits, celebrate the opportunities before you and create a workplace that encourages high performance and work satisfaction.
photo: ErikaMuth, pixabay.com