There is a concept called pivoting that encourages you to move from a negative attitude to a positive one. Do you know how to pivot? Consider a time when you were in a bad or negative mood and you successfully got out of it. How did you do it?
I pivot by quickly getting to my center, becoming quiet and observing what put me in a negative state. Then, I choose what I want to do next. In some cases, my mood is deep, so I find music that helps me get into a positive state, take a break from a situation or find positive ways to view what is happening. I always, however, acknowledge and validate how I feel before pivoting.
The best pivoting techniques are often an individual choice. Here are some that I have seen people use:
• Having a mantra or affirmation that changes perspective when needed
• Acknowledging that “this too shall pass”
• Finding something that creates happiness (quickly)
• Deciding firmly how to deal with a negative situation, speak truth about it and move on
• Knowing how to center quickly, in order to gain perspective
• Getting out of a long-term situation that has too much negativity
Pivoting serves you and keeps you at your best. Build your skill at pivoting and the view you see will be a good one!
photo: geralt, pixabay.com