Do you ever feel invisible or unheard? There are a myriad of reasons that can explain why you feel this way – some relating to you and some relating to those around you. If you do feel this way, what can you do? You can make a loud noise but results may be temporary and unsatisfying. Here are some possibilities to consider:
1. Excel in your work and acknowledge your skill when an opportunity arises.
2. Raise your profile in some way: share your ideas to a wider audience, speak up in meetings, offer help when it is appropriate – especially in high profile projects.
3. Believe in yourself. Build your self-confidence.
4. Find work that is a good fit for your talents and preferences.
5. Live and speak your truth.
Don’t hide. You have a lot to offer. People around you need to see that. They’ll be better off for it. Let them know you are here!
photo: Marlborofranz, pixabay.com