Bringing flow to your workday brings a sense of ease, increases your productivity and reduces your stress. Creating flow can be challenging in the face of a fast pace, distractions and too much to do. Here are 10 ways to help you increase the flow of your workday.
1. Practice bringing yourself fully to the present moment once every hour and when you are feeling stress.
2. Take breaks every two hours, when possible, to re-center.
3. At least three days a week get a change of scene during your lunch.
4. Exercise three times a week during or outside of your workday.
5. Eat well and be aware of your sugar and caffeine intake during the day, so they do not disrupt your flow.
6. Set your priorities at the beginning of the day and follow them. If a crisis or something else disrupts your plan, make adjustments in the present moment.
7. Be realistic about the time it takes you to do something.
8. Develop awareness of the extent to which your mind rules your day both in positive and negative ways.
9. Make a commitment to flow and balance in your life.
10. Recognize and celebrate the workdays in which you flow well.
photo: Didgeman, pixabay.com