Sometimes the amount of work you have to do starts getting to be over the top. There isn’t time and stress is building. As stress builds, you can lose perspective and focus while the work keeps on coming.
What can you do when work is overflowing and you don’t know how you can handle it all? Here are some ideas:
• Get yourself out of the way – step aside and look at the situation, rather than letting it control you
• Find some ways to lower your stress, right now
• Once your stress is lowered, realistically assess the situation – what is possible to get done and what is not?
• Take a break to regain focus and perspective
• And, the old standby ☺, remain fully in the present moment as you proceed.
photo: Efraimstochter, pixabay.com
When it comes to your workload, have you ever felt like you are in a rowboat with no oars heading to the edge of a waterfall? What do you do when there is way too much to do and time is moving on? Sometimes, it is too much to handle and there’s no time to even think straight. It seems, lately, that everything is speeding up and expectations are high.
It may or may not be possible to keep up, but best that you find out and proceed accordingly. Take a moment now to reflect on your workload and how you are doing. Are adjustments needed? What kind of adjustments – by you or by others? How much control do you have or need to have?
It may be that, in the rush, you become faster and more efficient. Or, it may be that you have to help others recognize that their expectations are not realistic. Whatever the case, take care of yourself and your career and make sure that you do not go over that waterfall.